23.1.08

The title of the last post, part 2

So I came home from school the other night and some cookies were made, but not frosted. The frosting didn't turn out I was told. The cookies were, moist and springy and delicious. I don't know what they were, cuz Caroline had little interest in talking about them. I guess she didn't like them. I don't know.

I started adding powdered sugar and vanilla till I got what I thought was good frosting. I frosted a cookie,


The garlic behind the bowl was not used in the recipe, it is just pictured for the hell of it.

and ate it. Put the frosting in the fridge and went to bed. The next morning the cookies seemed dry and not so good (I may or may not have sealed their container causing the dry out issue, nothing can be proven though). So, I have been occasionally eating them but not quickly.

I started putting the frosting on other stuff. Pistachios turned out to be the most delicious. It sort of tastes like the pistachio portion of spumoni ice cream. One of my favorites.

Jeez, I need to cut my finger nails, or at least my thumbnail

So there it is. Let us now review the recipe:

Ingredient list:

Sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, cookie, and pistachios, other stuff.

Steps:

1: Come home to cookies that were already made.

2: Mess with the syrup mixture in the bowl, adding this and that till it becomes frosting.

3: Dry out the cookies so that you end up using the frosting on other stuff laying around.

4: Frost everything within knife range, then taste test.

5: Record the series of events in a really half-assed manner.

I now submit that it would be a good idea for frosting to just be a part of the kitchen staples, like butter, or salt. It is very versatile. This doesn't seem like a good ending, but hey, what you gonna do?

4 comments:

Flibberty said...

The cookies were a really yummy recipe from Amber at My Imperfect Life (no idea how to link in comments) that I managed to screw up. Actually I blame it on our then sub-par cookie sheets. This problem was quickly remedied by a stop at Williams-Sonoma yesterday.

Jess said...

And of course, frosting can also be eaten on its own. In case there's nothing within knife range. Except your mouth.

Tess said...

This reminds me of one time when my sister and I were kids and we wanted to make frosting, except we didn't know what "confectioners sugar" meant so we used regular sugar, and then we didn't understand why it was all GRAINY and so we put it in the food processor to try to make it smooth and so on and downhill from there. Disaster.

Anonymous said...

I thought those looked like my cookies, and it just figures that I would go all crazy and endorse the damn things and they'd turn out to be pitiful. :) Ah, well. I hope you got one or two good recipes to make for your Dad.