24.1.08

Half assed title thing, part 3

Bobikies(sp?) and Sour Kraut.

This post should have been done long ago. Also, there are few pictures, so bear with me.

Get bobikie things from Caroline's mom at Christmas. They are like these little tiny buns. I am half norwegian so I should know about this, but I guess maybe I wasn't paying attention while I was growing up.

Pour two kettles of boiling water over the bobikies and then fry them in butter.

Add a can of sour kraut (if you can, get the sour kraut from a Mojave hippie) to the mix and eat.

It was delicious. I am a proponent of these things.



This is the left over kraut after we ate all the bobikies. We put the leftovers on brats from the meat market. They, too were delicious.

P.S. Someone should really comment on how to correctly spell bobikies, cuz I just guessed without checking. Thanks.

3 comments:

Flibberty said...

It's bobalki, and they are actually Hugarian, so there's no reason Brett would have known about them.

They are a holiday tradition from my mom's Hungarian side of the family, and they are so very delicious. If you google "bobalki" you will find the recipe, but be wary of recipes involving honey and poppy seeds, for they are not true bobalki.

Jess said...

I didn't know how to spell it, so luckily the issue was cleared up before I arrived.

Also, this meal looks very northern European. My German fiance would probably like it. After all, it has sauerkraut in it.

Animanous said...

I didn't even think about the fact I may have spelled sour kraut wrong. Sauerkraut. And the Hungarian thing, jeez, I need a European food class I guess.